Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Prayer for a New Year




Instead of making resolutions which I can never keep, I am asking God to do some things in my life this year:

·         When I am selfish, give me your love and grace for others.
·         When I am prone to anger, remind me how much I need your mercy.
·         When I am tired, give me your strength to complete the things that really matter and the wisdom to let got go of everything else.
·         When I feel strong, show me that it is a mirage.
·         When I am discouraged, remind me that you have great purpose for my life.
·         When I am self-centered, draw me to worship Christ who gave himself as a sacrifice for us.
·         When I am unloving, infuse me with your love.
·         When I face obstacles, give me your wisdom.
·         When I waste time, remind me of the brevity of life.
·         When I feel alone, give me a sense of your presence.
·         When I am surrounded by people and projects, show me how to create time for you in solitude and silence.
·         When I become too busy to spend time in prayer and the Word, make me restless so that I come to you for peace.
·         When I am tempted, give me strength to resist.
·         When I sin, lead me to repentance by your love and mercy.
·         When I am afraid, help me trust that you are my refuge.
·         When I need provision, remind me that it comes from you, not my own resources.
·         When I am tempted to buy more stuff, remind me how rich I am and open my eyes and wallet to those who are truly needy.
·         When others hurt, give me tears for them.
·         When others rejoice over something I would like to experience, help me overcome envy and truly rejoice with them.
·         When I begin to worry, give me faith to trust you.
·         When my circumstances are difficult, give me joy in you and the belief that you are at work.
·         When relationships are hard, give me unconditional love.
·         When faced with conflict, give me wisdom to be a peacemaker and the heart to forgive.
·         When I am lost, guide me to your path.
·         Grow my faith, love, and hope this year. Move me closer to loving you with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to loving others as myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment